Friday, June 6, 2008

Zero minutes of fame.


Oh well. I was so close to starring in my own wedding reality show but the dream is still a dream. Normally I wouldn't want to be on TV. I even hate taking pictures. However, I came across a casting call that would have solved all of my wedding planning woes. Not that I have that many. It hasn't been a hair-pulling experience yet. The announcement, in bold, read: "LET CELEBRITY WEDDING PLANNER DAVID TUTERA ENHANCE YOUR WEDDING ON WE TV!"
David Tutera is this Colin Cowie type event planner who recently partnered up with Disney to create the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding package. I certainly wouldn't mind having a wedding planner (any wedding planner) much less this quasi-celebrity planner create a beautiful reception that only the super rich or famous can afford. Of course, without Mickey and Minnie making a cameo appearance.
Well like I said, Oskar and I seemed to meet the requirements for the reality show. The producers wanted couples that were getting married this summer. Check. They want couples who have spent months planning the wedding. Check. And they want want couples who feel that something "STILL isn't quite right." Of course, check!
"Contact our producers today," I read. "Okay, I will," I thought.
Then I read: "Weddings should take place within an hour of New York City in July or August, 2008!"
Damn it! I only got a C in physics so I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to position a wormhole between Manhattan and Santa Barbara cause that's the only way I'd be able to have Tutera throw me a bone.
Well, there is always the "Newlywed Game" right?

No comments: