Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My toes hurt already.


I'm not a shoe whore- I don't go nuts about shoes like Carrie Bradshaw. I'm more of a purse girl myself (sigh, Hermès). But my grandma used to say that a pair of shoes "de buena calidad" can make any outfit look like a million bucks. 

For day to day I prefer flip flops, which is a habit I couldn't shake after leaving UCSB. I am pretty clueless when it comes to buying nice shoes though and it makes the shopping experience less than enjoyable. Now I don't really feel cool admitting this, but in the hopes of getting some input, here goes: After about an hour of wearing one of these puppies, my feet get all swollen. That's why I HATE strappy shoes. Sure they are sexy, but not when my wide ol' feet are squeezing out between the straps. So, when buying shoes for the wedding, when I'm going to be on my feet most of the evening, saying hi to guests, dancing, posing, etc., is it wise to buy half a size bigger? Should I get another emergency pair? Can I get away with wearing a shoe that doesn't match my ivory gown like say a pair that's green or pink? Ahhh! 

First Row: Chinese Laundry, Chinese Laundry, David's Bridal, Nine West
Second Row: Chinese Laundry, Marc Fisher, Nine West, Guess
Third Row: BP., Nina, Vaneli, Matisse (my fave so far)
Last Row: Nine West, Marc Fisher, Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik

No comments: