Sunday, March 23, 2008

Veils of little avail


When I bought my dress I tried on the veil and decided I wanted one. Of course, I balked at the price. There was no way I was going to drop $400 for a flimsy piece of tulle. So cheap me decided to find a cool sewing pattern and make one myself. This could end up being a disastrous idea. At first glance, I'm not sure I like any of these. Firstly, I look horrendous in hats, (my cheeks are way too big to pull it off) even baseball caps. I am curious about the veil attached to the fez. Does anyone know a bride who has donned such a trail blazing look? Secondly, I don't know what the appropriate length of a veil should be considering my dress already has a train. Also, should the fabric be ivory to match the color of the gown, or can it be a lighter or darker hue?

1 comment:

Carlita said...

Ahh, this is tough. My friend made her own veil and it turned out great and according to her it was easy to make. I think it should match the color of your dress. As for the length, I'm unsure. What did Celine Dion do? haha