Saturday, January 12, 2008

230 Days to Go

No!
The beginning of spring semester is approaching and I feel like I haven’t accomplished anything I set out to do for the wedding! I suppose all the wedding shows I have watched can be construed as “research.” The to do list that theknot.com provides says I should have talked to the florist, auditioned djs, interviewed wedding consultants and potential officiates, booked a caterer… It goes on and on. Apparently there are more than 64 items that I haven’t done that should have been carried out by now! I just hope Oskar and I aren’t scrambling during the summer.
So in the meantime what did I do last night? Did I arrange the floor plan for the reception? No. Did I email the caterers? No (Sorry, Oskar). Instead I looked at resorts for my fantasy honeymoon. Aman Resorts are gorgeous!


I was originally dead set against a beach side vacation. I mean I lived in Santa Barbara and I’m in Monterey so I know what a beach looks like. But those over-water bungalows and lounges look amazing. I can already hear Oskar saying something like “Well, if you really want to go we can always afford it by going to Vegas and eloping.” Arg!

Okay. Today’s topic: Yen.

Last week, Oskar and I stopped over at Yen’s apartment on our way back home from Santa Barbara. Yen had just purchased a dress for the wedding and I was curious to see it. I do have veto power. It’s a fun apple green and chocolate brown cocktail dress from Jessica McClintock that I thoroughly give my certified stamp of approval.
Here’s Yen graciously modeling through some bad weather to debut her dress along with some stuff I found to get a rough idea of the finished look.



A.V. Max bangles, Julie Sandlau earrings, gold pumps by Stuart Weitzman and green Christian Louboutin shoes.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty dress!!! Go for the green shoes!!!! They are really wonderful!!